Sunday, January 28, 2007

To Introduce Myself And My Work

Hello there all, and welcome to The Cine-ter, a blog whose only purpose is to review movies and TV shows, both old and new, in such a way that the reader (that's you!) can make well educated and informed decisions about what you will subject yourself to watching. I will try and remain as impartial to this particular form of art as I can, focusing on ideas such as cinematography, script, acting ability, and whatever else comes to mind. This means that instead of simply saying, "Dearie me, that was the worst show I have ever seen!" you will get to hear WHY I thought it was utterly vulgar, mind numbing, and pointless...or maybe it will be good. We'll have to wait and see, won't we?

Now I will tell you the ground rules I have laid out for myself.

1) I will do as much dramaturgical work as I can. Although I may not post all of this in my review, it will make me better educated on why a piece was made the way it was.

2) I will allow requests, if anyone so chooses to email me. However, this does not mean that I will always take said requests because of my busy schedule, but sometimes I may not know of some of the greater films or TV shows out there. Most of the time I learn of stupendous creations through word of mouth. This is as much my readers' blog as it is mine; work with me to make it the best darn creation on the world wide web as we can.

I would also like to note that I am also a co-reviewer for the Broadway Hour, a Seattle-based theater review company of extremely talented and well-educated people who I had the pleasure of meeting in late 2006. So please, click on my profile, come check us out, and be delighted, especially if you live in the Seattle area.

That's all for now. To get myself started, I will soon be reviewing some older movies and shows that have greatly impacted my outlook on what I consider to be art in their respective areas.

Until that time, this is Mr. Jack Jarden signing off.